How-To Fix: Content On Computer Extender Not Updating on XBOX 360
If you play movies or music from your computer through your Xbox 360 you have the computer setup as an XBOX extender. Over time as you add new content to your computer the Xbox 360 may not update with the new content. To fix this you simply log into your computer in question and bring up Windows Media Player and select Oragnize > Apply Media Information Changes.
Once you have done that your computer (Xbox 360 Extender) will begin to update the library.
Once the progress bar hits 100% your media will be updated and you should see all of it on your Xbox 360.
For more info on setting the Extender up, here are the instructions from the Xbox 360 web page.
Connect your console to Windows Media CenterBefore you can play content from Windows Media Center on your Xbox 360 console, you need to connect your console to Windows Media Center.
Setting up Windows Media Center
To use Windows Media Center with Xbox 360, you must have a computer running Windows Media Center. Windows Media Center is included with the following versions of Windows:
- Windows 7 Ultimate, Professional, or Home Premium
- Windows Vista Ultimate or Home Premium
- Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
Step 1: Get Setup Key from Xbox 360
- On your console, go to My Xbox and select Windows Media Center.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Write down the 8-digit Media Center Setup Key.
Step 2: Add an Extender on your computer
- Start Windows Media Center.
- Click Tasks, and then click Add Extender.
- When prompted, enter the 8-digit Setup Key from Xbox 360.
- Complete the Extender setup