Posts tagged php-gd
When installing the Mystique WP theme for this website, one of the cool features was the social media icons at the top of the page.
If you hover over them they have a cool pop-up animation and link you to the respective sites. When trying to configure these for the site i would go into Appearance>Mystique Settings>SocialMediaIcons and select the icons i wanted to use. Upon saving the changes it would bring me to a blank screen. When i would check the front page you could click through on the spot where the icon was but there was no picture. After doing some research on the Mystique WP Theme help page i found it could be a problem with not having GD installed in my Apache/PHP setup. Since my host uses Cpanel this is how it was fixed. go to the Cpanel Web hosting Manager and do the following:
1. executed /scripts/easyapache
2. Selected option 1 “Previously Saved Config”
3. Selected “Start customizing based on profile”
4. Selected the next Apache version to upgrade or select Next
5. Select edthe version of PHP 4 or 5. Do not make any changes if you’re not sure. Keep it as it as and select Next
6. Select the minor version of PHP.
7. Select Exhaustive Options List
8. PHP section has “GD” make sure you select it and select any other additional modules you require and select Next
This should start compiling Apache and PHP depending on the options selected.
You can then run the following to check if it is installed.
root@host [~]# php -m|grep gd
Note: Your setup and configuration may be completely different. If you don’t have access to the above features ask your host if they can fix it.